NTCD Board of Supervisors Election Information
The biennial election of the NTCD board of supervisors will be held on November 8th from 5:30 to 6:00pm at the Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District station 23.
This year, we are seeking two qualified candidates to serve on our board as elected supervisors. This 4 year commitment is an opportunity to serve your community and influence conservation efforts in the Basin.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Know the duties, needs, and programs of NTCD.
- Attend and participate in NTCD’s monthly Board meetings.
- Represent the interests of land manager’s on soil, water, and related natural resource conservation issues.
- Keep informed on legislation and policies of local, state, and federal government pertaining to conservation problems.
- Participate in setting district priorities.
- Help identify opportunities and potential funding for NTCD programs.
Anyone interested in running for office of supervisor or voting in the election must be a resident registered voter within the boundaries of the Nevada Tahoe Conservation District. The NTCD boundary encompasses the Nevada side of the Tahoe Basin.
- 5:00 – Welcome and introductions to the District
- 5:10 – Supervisor nominations from the floor
- 5:15 – Candidate statements (no longer than 5 minutes each)
- 5:30 – Voting
- 6:00 – Tallying of results
Election will be held at the Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District Station 23 at 193 Elks Point Rd, Zephyr Cove, NV.
For more information regarding becoming a supervisor, contact Dana Olson, email@example.com